Add to My Favorites Jody Madson: Fine Art

Tribal Traditions of the Lakota Sioux is a Group of Lakota Woman who make the Traditional Star Blankets.

MORE PICTURES under 'ARTwork' on the home page drop down header bar.



Tribal Traditions is a project of Global Peace Train, a nonprofit dedicated to building sustainable businesses with women in poverty around the globe.

The Tribal Traditions program creates an income source for families on Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. The women design authentic handmade quilts and baby moccasins, skills passed down for generations.

These families receive at least 75% of the net profit of each item. The other 25% goes into transportation costs, shipping, packaging, showcasing new Native American artists, and program development.

Global Peace Train's goal is to empower the Lakota Women to run the project in full once it reaches its maturity.